Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The one Question you Haven't Asked Yourself

This week I've opened the door to my brain to give you a peak inside the process through which I run all outfits.

These are questions I ask myself in order to produce the perfect outfit (see days one and two if you missed them).

If you're looking to be styled better this summer, these are sure fire ways to get yourself dressed in the best possible outfits that will help you be you more comfortably!

how to dress well
A little neon, a lot of neutral classics
Find it at Express!
So let's get to it.

Who's Your Audience?
Thinking about who it is you're going to be around is very important in determining what to wear.

The majority of my week this week is going to be spent with a group of business people. This rules out any kitschy graphic T's like my "Vandalay Industries" or "This Girl's a Genius", along with anything that looks like it came fresh out of the juniors section.

I'll throw in a trendy piece here and there, but I'm always sure to balance it with something classic. Like a wearing a black blazer with my neon yellow top. That way I can slip in a little bit of what I'm loving at this moment without looking too young.

It all goes back to balance. 

The Bible even backs me up on this. Paul writes in I Corinthians 9:22, "I have become all things to all people..." In clothes, this translates to dressing for your audience.

Even if your audience is just you. On days I know I'm going to be home writing for hours, I still get dressed to make myself feel put together. But those clothes I wear when I'm writing alone are not the one's I would wear to church, or even to a family gathering.

Whether you dress for it or not, we're in front of an audience everyday. The question is, how do they see us?

More tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your site. It'ѕ
    a veгy easy on the eyеs which makes it much more
    enjoyable foг me to come here аnd visit more
    οften. Did you hire out a devеlopеr to create
    yοur theme? Excellent ωoгk!


    Feel frее to suгf tο my web-ѕite
    - click the up Coming internet site

    ReplyDelete