Monday, April 29, 2013

How to Plan (the greatest) Outfits

Forget the fact that my newly minted segment "Why This Works" is only in it's third week of existence. It's time to take you behind the scenes of Why This Works (or in this case, inside my head).

This May is shaping up to be the busiest May on record. I'm up to my yin yang (wherever that is-it's high) in events. But with a little planning and a lot of trying on, I won't have to skip a beat when it comes to dressing well and comfortably.

All this week I'm going to let you in on my mental process of how I pick out clothes. By the end of the week you're either going to be so planned out and well dressed it's going to amaze you, or you're going to run screaming from your computer after you get a peak into all that's goes on inside my head.

Either way, we'll have fun :)

The first thing I consider when picking out an outfit is the weather.

I've always believed that in order for me to be comfortable and confident then I'm going to have be dressed weather appropriate. And I've read books by fashion experts that back this up. Good style means always being dressed suitably for the situation.
moto jacket
Around $15 at Forever21!

Thus when planning an outfit, first ask yourself (or for a better answer, a Meteorologist) what the weather's going to be like.

Is it going to continue being this dance between cold and comfortable outside? Will it be rainy?

This way, you'll know right away where to start: jackets if it's rainy; sweaters if it's cool; a great tank/blouse under both if it's going to be warm and sunny.

For this time of year I fall back on cardigans (as you know) and light jackets. They're the perfect transitional pieces!

Come back all week for more insight into my process!

No comments:

Post a Comment