Friday, October 26, 2012

Power T

Never underestimate the power of a plain t-shirt.

Every time it's layering season I feel as if I come to this realization all over again, that sometimes all you need to make a great outfit is a simple tee.

Which is why, when I was in AC Moore the other day and saw a women digging through the t-shirts, that I thought to go over there and look at the options.

Oh boy, I'm so glad I did.

One thing I always do when I find a t-shirt I love love, is I look at the brand. My first job in marketing involved a lot of clothing selections for clients to get their logos on t-shirts so I became familiar with the brands and their differences.

So I've learned that when a t-shirt fits just right, look at the brand and remember your size. Every brand makes the sleeves a different length, weaves the cotton a littler tighter; things like that make a big difference in the life and fit of a shirt.

AC Moore happened to have one of my favorite brands, Gilden, on sale for $3.00! I got a bright pink and my favorite color of the moment-neon yellow/green t-shirts for six bucks! And even though the sale is over, they're still only like $4 normally so don't sweat it, you'll still have a good deal on your hands.

AND you'll have an easier time layering. I wore my new pink shirt that very night under a gray jacket with my polka dot scarf and it was layering perfection! I just needed that pop of color underneath it all.

Never, my friends, underestimate the power of a good t-shirt (or AC Moore for that matter!)

Have a very spiffy weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment