Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bubble Fail

I never do this.
Really, I can't think of the last time I disliked something so much that I did this.

I changed my nails.

After slaving over them Saturday night, I wore them out the next day and thought...can't do it. I've got to change what I've done.

And I'll tell you why...

This whole ombre thing is great. I love it. To be able to blend two colors together-I'm all in.
However, it's what two colors will make the best combination on your nails that's the question.

How do you know? You don't until you try it. Which is what I did. Aaaand now I have on a different color all together. What have I learned from this lesson? When trying the ombre thing, do one nail first. See if you like it, then try it on the other nine. That would have saved me soooo much time.

These are the colors that I thought would work...it's OPI's "Bubblebath" and that color I wore last week, Sally Hansens "Coral Reef".

The problem, I determined is that "Bubblebath" is way too close to my skin color (that picture shows my nails with 3, THREE coats of "Bubblebath"!). I want to like that polish so badly but it's just too darn light! With this ombre effect, it makes it look like I've only painted the very tips of my fingers. I just wasn't willing to live with that for 7 days.

Oh well. You live and learn and then you get more nail polish remover.

Come back tomorrow for what I switched to, and OH I'm LOVIN' what I've got on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment