Thursday, May 15, 2014

Are You Brand Loyal?

I find brand loyalty so comforting. When I walk up to a product and grab it in confidence without even glancing at another one - well that's just as close to feeling like James Dean as I'll ever get.

I've long been a loyal fan of Dove, using Dove hairspray, mouse, shampoo, and deodorant for years and years. And while I love them all, it wasn't until the other day that I fell off the Dove Deodorant band wagon.

Great smelling deodorant
I don't sweat. I grew up in Florida where the air sweats for you. So perspiration is not the problem I'm trying to solve.

I want to smell fresh - all the time (add to that order, looking fresh all the time MmmKay?). I also want to quit having to put my shirt on like a limp penguin because I don't want to expose my white deodorant-laden pits to the fabric (these are the problems that seem big at 6:30 in the morning).

This meant it was time to break up with Dove Deodorant. It also meant a trip to Target!

My goal was to find a deodorant that came with a body spray (more on that next week), which is why when I saw that Secret not only has a body spray companion, but also smells great and is an invisible solid, I was hooked!

This post is not so much for me to go on and on about my new Secret deodorant (which is so great by the way *I literally just sniffed my pit just then and it still smells fresh), but it is more about the point of being too brand loyal. All this time I've been using Dove deodorant because I just didn't want to look at anything else.

But now that I'm using a new one, I'm happy and refreshed! What brand have you been holding onto?

Is there something in your beauty routine that you can refresh? When was the last time you tried something new? Even if you venture out of your box and try a new brand that you end up not liking, at least it will reaffirm your love for the old one.

Think about it as you go about your beauty routine this week and consider trying something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment