Friday, May 16, 2014

6 Bridal Shower Looks

I am a bridal shower professional.

This spring I spent and entire month of Saturdays attending bridal showers, so I'd like to pass on to you all of my recently gained, infinite wisdom on how to dress for them.

First off, always dress up for a bridal shower.

You can never go wrong by dressing up, for many reasons.
One: in a group of women I think it's better to err on the side of being "too dressy."

Two: it makes a statement to the bride that says, "I value you enough to give you my best, and I know your taste is beautiful so I wanted to match it by dressing up."

Ok, maybe the bride doesn't think that exact sentence when you walk in the door, but I guarantee that looking like you made an effort, won't go unappreciated (I still remember the people from my showers that did not).

Now if you have a string of showers on your list like I did, don't panic. I'm not saying you need to go out and buy 5 new dresses. I didn't. In fact, I had a completely different look for each shower, and never spent over $100 for any of it (for five of them, I spent less than $40).

Here's your strategy: shop early.

The great thing about bridal showers is that you can see them coming a mile away. When both my sister and sister-in-law got engaged last year, I immediately started looking at dresses. Because I knew, Shower-mageddon 2014 was coming ;)

 
 
 
By doing that, I was able to pick up so many things on super sale and saved myself hundreds of dollars.

And after you buy your dress, immediately try it on and accessorize it even if the shower is weeks away (usually I've accessorized it in my head before the cashier even hands me back my card, but you don't have to do it that fast).

This will certainly help the day of the shower, especially if you think it starts at 2:00pm, when in fact it starts at 11:00am and you don't realize this until you're a sweaty mess and it's an hour before it's supposed to start (hypothetically speaking, of course). 

Which brings me to my next point, always check the time of the shower. Even if you think you know it, check it!

I hope all my recent shower experience has helped you. Now that I've got all of those showers under my belt, it's time to start going to weddings! My sister-in-law is getting married this weekend!! Yay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment