Monday, November 25, 2013

The Makings of a Great Thanksgiving Day Outfit

Start the stomach calisthenics, Thanksgiving is only a few days away!

While some people have spent weeks planning meals for that day, I’ve been planning my outfit (started back in October, and don’t judge me I’m a fashion blogger).

I have two simple requirements for a great Thanksgiving day outfit:
  1. It must be cute (obviously). But important not only because you see family you may not have seen in a while, but also because there are pictures! (Can I just say how much I hate Facebook for ruining the “re-wear”? You can’t re-wear anything anywhere now that everyone has a phone and an overzealous posting-thumb).
  2. It must be comfortable. For those of us with a marathon of meals to attend, to insure happiness and joy the whole day it’s good to not wear the skinny jeans *ifyaknowwhatimean. Opt for a waistline that’s as flexible as your ability to take jokes from that one uncle of yours ;)
Here’s a pic of my #ootd yesterday, but it involves one of my favorite sweaters which was also part of my Thanksgiving day outfit a couple years ago.

Picture cred goes to my husband whose picture-taking style is to hit the button 4x a second so my every move is captured and I have plenty of pictures to choose from. This 30 second photo shoot, for example, produced over 20 pictures for me to choose from, haha!

The sweaters volume around my waist helped hide the food belly that happens by the end of the day, and the tights were comfortable enough to sit in, while the skirt (a super clearance-I’m talking $2 kind of score at Forever21) adds the cute element that is oh so important.

Think about these things when you plan your Thanksgiving day outfit! Then spend the day looking good and being thankful for fashion blogs like this one :)




No comments:

Post a Comment