Monday, September 16, 2013

Why This Works

I hope to inspire you this Monday morning.

Because I love to start a new season (even if it's not my favorite like Fall is) filled with inspiration and excitement.

This past Thursday night at the Girls Night Out fashion show, I got inspired, pumped and all keyed up for fall clothes.

fall outfit
There's a Style Setter blog to come with more details about the show, but for now I'd like to talk about one of my favorite outfits from the night.

Here is a "why this works" from this Tommy Hilfiger ensemble.

First of all I love the juxtaposition of classic and edgy styles here. The pattern sweater with the white shirt peaking out on top is completely classy.

But my favorite part is the fact that they've paired them with pin stripe high wasted shorts and then added tights. I love a good shorts and tights outfit. Sadly my husband does not, so I sneak the outfit in mostly when I'm not going out with him :)

What this does is completely balance things out. The shorts and tights with a trendy top would tip too much in the trendy direction, but by balancing the funky with the classic you've got the perfect balance of sophistication and playfulness.

It makes me think of Barefoot Contessa and how she always says she's going to, "turn up the volume" on classic dishes.

You may not care for the shorts and tights look, but turn up the volume on things in your closet by  bringing balance in your fall wardrobe. If you have a lot of trendy pieces, throw some classic ones like a white button down shirt in there.

Or if you find yourself wearing a lot of argyle sweaters think about throwing in a punchy piece like colored skinny jeans. 

Have more fall wardrobe questions? Tune into FOX43 tomorrow (or keep a look out for the link on Facebook), I'll be de-bunking fall wardrobe myths! You won't want to miss this!

No comments:

Post a Comment