Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Why This Works

Before you start your fall shopping, remember one thing: buy a piece that's outside your box.

We all typically gravitate towards the same things when we're shopping, and oftentimes pass up pieces that could potentially transform our wardrobe and/or the way we feel about ourselves.

The dress I wore on the show today is my "out of the box" piece.

I bought this dress through ModCloth. And when it first arrived in the mail, it was something I knew that if I saw it on the rack I would have probably passed it up.

I would have passed on it because after holding it up, I would think the pleats were going to make my butt look big and I would have set it right back down without a second thought.

But after putting it on, I was so thankful for the purchase.

Not only did the pleats NOT make my butt look big, but the colors and black detailing are so perfectly flattering and comfortable! It turned out to be just the piece I needed to wear on a day trip to Nashville, and is a great reminder of how we need to step out of our comfort zone every once in a while.

What are you going to buy that you never thought you'd wear this fall?


No comments:

Post a Comment