Thursday, September 13, 2012

Gold (pointer) Finger

I don't know what it is about this color, but it makes me crave an accent nail.

But before I get into that, allow me to rave once again about Maybelline's color show nail polish. Holy Cow! This stuff is awesome. For $3 you're getting more than a bargain.

It goes on so smooth and pigmented (as in you don't have to layer over and over to get good color), and not to mention it lasts a really good long time.

Maybelline, I'm impressed. I'll be buying more. (You know it's good if I'm willing to cheat on OPI!)

So after I painted my nails with this "Green with Envy", I took my nail art pens and drew all over the pointer finger on my right hand (easier since I'm a lefty). I had this really cool stripes thing going on, covered it in top coat and called it a night.
I went to close the blinds and..SMUDGE. Gah!!!! My beautiful nail art was ruined.

After that I decided I needed to do an easy accent nail, so I took out my "Only Gold for Me" Sephora by OPI polish and painted over my ring finger.

The great thing about this gold is that it's a mixture of large and little sparkles so it adds such a great pattern of sequence to your nail.

Wha-La! Easy accent nail.

Now in local news...
I'm sure one day Duck Duck Goose sales are going to get me all tingly inside, but right now I'm excited about a different kind of consignment sale.

Beginning yesterday, Southern Belle's Closet has begun a consignment sale for formal dresses. Everything from prom to wedding gowns are there for a great price and the sale lasts until Saturday. You can find out more details here!

No comments:

Post a Comment