Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sniffing Down Memory Lane

My childhood best friends house is where I'm most often taken by a smell memory.

Her laundry room, to be exact. The smell of that room has so strongly stuck with me that it's no surprise when I get whiffs of something and immediately I'm standing next to her dryer looking out the back door.

A new smell memory came about the other day when I squeezed out a pump of this new shaving cream I bought by EOS. The moment I smelled it I was back in this cheap little tanning bed place I used to go in Florida. I would buy their tiny little cup of tanning lotion and use only a little bit at a time.

That lotion is exactly what this shaving cream smells like. 

Which is one of two downfalls for me. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but I have only two little complaints. 
                 
Obviously the smell downfall is only in my world. And the only reason I consider it a downfall is because I don't think "Ooo clean" when I think of that tanning bed feeling so putting it on in the shower didn't make me feel clean.

The other downfall is that it has seemed to clog my razor faster. I've been using it for about a month now and I've noticed a white film developing in my razor blades. 

I think part of the problem is that the cream boasts the ability to be used both wet and dry (which boggled my mind to the point that I just had to dry it and turns out-it works!). It was after using it dry, though, that I noticed a faster build up so maybe that's the only time it will clog it up.

Something else to keep in mind is that it's a cream. It doesn't come out as one color then change over to foamy goodness, it comes out looking like lotion and goes on looking like lotion.

Which, come to think of it, is another downfall as I really like foamy goodness. 
However, the pros to this stuff is my legs were soooo ridiculously soft afterwards. So soft, so smooth. It was great. 

That and the packaging is super cute. Especially considering my last shaving cream left a ring in my bathtub-yuck!

Even though this critique started to go down a dark path, I would recommend the shaving cream and will probably buy it again.

Hey, have a happy weekend and gear up the DVRs! I'll be on TV this coming Tuesday so be prepared :)

No comments:

Post a Comment