Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Silver Slipper for All Ten Fingers

Getting ready for the Fashion week grand finale last weekend, I had a fairy god-mother moment with my Sally Hansen silver nail art pen....

I like to follow fashion week in New York when it happens (they'll often do a live feed online which is really fun to watch) and so I'm aware that it's very important how you present yourself at these things.

That being said, I knew I couldn't go in with plain jane nails. I had planned on doing the ombre thing and trying a lavender fading into gray, but at the last minute I realized I didn't have any more sponges! (Ha! Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode). SO I had to make due.

After painting "You Don't Know Jacque!" on my finger tips I grabbed my Sally Hansen silver nail art pen and gave my self a quick glitzy French manicure. I really liked how it turned out, but much like Cinderella and her dress, it had an expiration time of midnight! After the show I realized that I needed to top coat it.

It's so pretty because it adds the tiniest glitz to your every finger movement.

And if you're too afraid of what havoc your non-dominate hand might wreak on your other one...remember this trick (it's also how I get BOTH my hands looking good) When painting with your non dominant hand, let your dominant hand do the moving.

So if you're right handed and you're painting with your left hand, just concentrate on holding the brush or pen still with your left while you let your right do all the guiding. It works wonders, I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment