Monday, July 2, 2012

A Whole New Meaning to the Word Toiletries

I've heard some wild beauty techniques, and this one is pretty high up there.

You know if you read to much about health or beauty, you'll start to notice little contradictions. In fact, it can really mess with your head if you dive too deep into that stuff. "Chocolate causes pimples", "Chocolate doesn't cause pimples", "Making a mask out of melted chocolate can help you get pregnant" (that last one's a joke).

There's just an overload of information out there that you really have to take with two heaping tablespoons of salt ("Salt will help your finger nails grow faster")(not really).

When I heard this little tid bit, I thought the girl was crazy but it kind of makes sense, and if you're absolutely positivily desperate then it will get you out of a beauty bind and that's, I guess, a good thing to have in your back pocket.

Trust me, this isn't a prank. One of my friends in high school once told her little sister that peanut butter was good for your face, so little sister rubbed it all over her face. I hope she took pictures.
No fear, this isn't one of those times.

If you have really oily skin and you don't have one of those oil blotter sheets around and you're on a date or interviewing for the position of President...go in the bathroom and blot your face with a toilet seat cover.

That's right.

Apparently the material is the kind that will absorb oil leaving you shine free. Now if I were you I'd take one out then rub the next sheet on my face juuuuust in case. And I would certainly not make a habit out of this. Just, like I said, if you're in a pinch.

I know, it's crazy. But stranger things have been done in the name of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment