Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday

I have prayed over what I should wear since I was a kid.

I know you may think that sounds ridiculous, and that God has better things to do than to help me put together outfits. But you're wrong.

God cares about every little thing. His love for us is so vast that He wants to be involved in every detail of our lives. You think He sent His son to die on the cross, to endure all of that pain, so that He could be disconnected from us? So that He could save us and then be done?

No! A thousand times no!

He wants us to rely on Him for everything.

I sat down to write this post, and I got one of those grins on my face that I know matches the one when I start to talk about Dayton. It's because I have a relationship with God.

When I start to tell a story about Dayton that's going to reveal some little funny quirk of his that I know no one knows about, it gets me excited because it shows how well I know him and reminds me of how much I love him.

The same is true with God. I love to talk about His mercy and grace, because it shows how much I've gotten to personally experience it and reminds me of how good He is.

Have you experienced this? When was the last time you spoke of His goodness? If you think this is something exclusively for me, you're wrong again! ;) You can have the same kind of relationship with Him! All you have to do is ask Him into your heart.

It's a season of new beginnings, let this Easter weekend be yours.

If you don't have a church to go to on Sunday, we have a seat for you at Redemption. Go to www.redemptionchurch.com for directions and details.

Jesus loves you so much, remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment