Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Lesson I learned From Colored Jeans

Don't spend a lot of money on a trend unless you've first proven to yourself that it's something you'll love long term.

I bought my first pair of colored jeans back in 2011. They were very exciting to have, especially for someone who has an addiction to buying black (it's an instant pop of color with these pants).

One thing I was careful to do was to never pay very much for them because I wasn't sure if they were something I was going to love forever.

Over several months I purchased a total of 4 pairs (one pair of colored trousers, but I won't count those). Each time I made sure to never pay more than $15 for them (in some cases they were less than $10). 

How do I feel about that decision now? Very very thankful. Because I (personally) am over them.
I wore them out when I had them, which means I got more than my moneys worth. Now I have no desire to put them on. I'm so thankful to not have $100 worth of clothes in my closet that I know I'm not going to wear again (most likely I will not, but if you catch me in a pair don't point and shout. I'm only human).

If you're looking to spend a lot of money on something that's trendy, test its longevity first and buy the cheaper version. If you find that you really like it and if you think you're going to feel that way for a long time, then invest in the more expensive version.

I know it ends up costing more in the long run, but $10 is a great insurance policy if you end up not liking what you would have spent $100 on.
It's a lesson I learned from my colored jeans that I wanted to pass on to all of you.

Because everyday should be a spiffy day! :)

(Picture courtesy of hollyfurtick.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment