Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Product Review: Bare Minerals

Like a 15 year-old Chilton snob, I completely mistreated Bare Minerals.

Our relationship was one of the best I've ever had with a foundation. We took a break over the summer, I decided to see other people (aka: Clinique's BB Cream) while I sported a tan.

Then once my summer love had worn off, I returned to Bare Minerals only to find that it wasn't sitting on my skin the same way. It looked chalky and even rubbed off at the slightest provocation.


I assumed this meant our time together had come to an end, so I returned to Clinique and tried to fall in love with their Even Better Foundation. It's a great way to go, especially if you like liquid foundation. I, unfortunately, do not like the application process one bit.

So I gave it the whole, "it's not you it's me" speech, and when on the hunt once again for a great foundation.

In my tireless searching, I kept seeing one name pop up. It's rated as one of the best and most beloved foundations. It was as if fate had spoken, Bare Minerals and I were truly meant to be.

But what about the time it hurt me by giving my skin a terrible look and feel? Oh that.

The reason for it (like the miscommunication you see coming in the middle of a Hallmark love story) Bare Minerals is so natural it can actually go bad. And because I hadn't used it for 3 months, the foundation itself was getting old. It had expired.

Which is something that actually makes me love it even more. Knowing that I'm putting such natural ingredients on my face makes me one happy girl. The fact that it has SPF and an illuminizer that gives my skin a glow are two more things that I just love about the product.

Needless to say, we're in love again. I wake up every morning perfectly happy to dust it's fine, illuminating powder all over my face (that's my favorite kind of application), and it's perfectly happy...being dusted (I guess the metaphor ran out there).

The lesson in all of this? Sometimes you have to date other products to know what you're looking for. True in life, true in the beauty world. Try it out if you're looking for a great foundation. They have a formula for really oily skin too!

No comments:

Post a Comment