Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Your Eyelids: Summer-ized!

Turn up the heat, make the day light last longer and fill up the retail stores with bathing suits-it's time to summer-ize!

What does this mean, you wonder? It means lighter/easier makeup!

I don't know what it is about summer that makes putting on make up such a chore all of the sudden. At first I thought it's got to be the heat, but on regular days when we're not lounging at the pool we're out side for what, 20 minutes max?

summer makeup
Well, whatever the reason I lighten up what's going on my face tremendously and here's how I do it on my eyes...(Oh! And bonus-my whole process from start to finish takes less than 10 minutes-how's that for fresh and fast!)

I start with Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer. Sometimes I end the eye lid decorating there because it's got a great shimmer sheen to it and could be worn alone. But on days I'm feeling froggy I go a little further...

Next I take my brush and get a lot of nude shimmer, then I dab that in the white (the bottom right color in the picture). I like to have a bright white accent at the front of my lid right where my pupils are if I'm looking straight. I do this because I like a little extra shimmer and brightness.

For the eyeliner part...well you can hop back a day and read all about that in yesterdays spiff.

I finish it with that white shadow in the corners of  my eyes-it makes you look so awake!
And of course mascara (borringgg-my least favorite part of the make up process, but oh so necessary-I know!)

And wha-la! The perfect summer shimmer eye for whatever it is you're doing inside or out! And it doesn't blessedly take that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment