Thursday, June 27, 2013

This Weeks Nails: Off White Play

Scene:
Standing over my dresser in my PJ's, opening my Birchbox for the month.

Emotion:
A kin to Christmas morning.

Dialogue:
White nail polish? I don't think I like this.

Scene:
Three days later sitting in a hotel, painting the first stroke of white nail polish onto my nail.

Emotion:
Surprised

Dialogue:
I really love this white!

Lesson: Don't knock it until you've tried it. As long as what you're trying is the good stuff.
So many white polishes take layers upon layers to work and look nice. This color "Mod in Manhattan" by Color Club is not that kind of white at all.

First of all, it's not a stark white, which I really think plays to its favor. It's got an ever so slight rosy tint to it. Like the blush on a daisy pedal (Ooo much better name, "Daisy Blush"). And secondly, it covers in just two coats. That's unheard of in the white polish community!

It makes my hands look tan and has a quiet cool to it that I just can't get enough of. To prove it, I'm now sporting the color two weeks in a row (and not because I was out of town for both weeks-I took options but couldn't get enough of this!)

And an accent nail in Sally Hansen's "Fuzzy Coat" adds the right amount of playfulness I think.

Look for Color Club here online, or sign up for a Birchbox! More on that in another post, but if you have questions feel free to email me Elizabeth@thespiff.com!


No comments:

Post a Comment