Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring has...NO

There's no way on this green earth that I'm at any point in time going to use the phrase "spring has sprung" in this post.

No judgment for those who have used it, I used to say it all the time in every single first spring post but then, like a sugary hangover, I've had too much of it and now I can't stand it.

It wouldn't even be fitting to say "spring has sprung" because in our neck of the woods it's currently 28 degrees (the thought of which makes me smile and snuggle down into my Ugg boots, but I won't mention that either).

At the dawn of any season (and whether it feels like it outside or not) I like to set forth goals for myself and my closet. Why, you ask? Please give us all your secrets because you are so beautiful, you say? And we do realize you can make us say anything you want since you're the one writing this, you quip?

SOoo glad you brought it up!
Think of each season as a new year especially when it's a sharp transition like winter into spring. Because with the dawn of a new season comes the opportunity for you to make small changes or adjustments without drawing too much unwanted attention.

Do you want to try out a new pattern or wearing a color you've never tried? What about dabbling in some more trendy pieces like chambray shirts or adding even the smallest pop of chartreuse? Spring, my friends, is the perfect time to do that.

My goals this spring?

Buy more color. But that's an old tired goal (in fact, looking over a post from last years resolutions, I saw that this has been my goal for a long time! Ha, probably time to either except my love for black and move on).

Also, I want to pattern mix more and more!! I'm not a huge fan of floral and it will definitely take a good one to get me to buy it (probably one with a lot of BLACK) but I do adore the way it looks when paired with friendly polka dots or some nautical stripes.

The consistent goal in my life is to get more of everything in leopard, and truly that's a pattern that goes with everything, so more please!

Also, last spring I feel in love with the pink lip and this spring I'm bringing it back baby! But I'm going to do my best to pair it with things besides the obvious black and white outfit.

This photo of Solange Knowels is a great example, because she's rocking every single one of my spring goals!!

Spring is such a fun time to mix and match and brighten up, it's going to be so much fun! (I tell myself over and over so that when it settles in that I can't wear tights or boots for much longer, I don't clutch them and cry).

Happy-almost spring even though it doesn't feel like it outside-everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment