Thursday, March 21, 2013

$7 Away from Happiness

In case you missed this amazingness...
Last Tuesday's segment included an idea that I think deserves a pat on the back.

No, it didn't come from Pintrest :-p (to no one in particular), I started this a long time ago. Back in the days when we literally pinned things to boards.

I'm talking about the silver ware tray as a makeup drawer organizer. I know, genius right? Thank you, that's so unexpected ;)

Don't worry I'm almost done tooting my own horn...

What made a great idea even better (I said "almost" done!) was when I went to Wal-Mart to purchase an updated silverware tray.

In preparation for the show, I realized looking at my old silverware holder, that there's no WAY I could show that on TV. It was white, which meant every single little makeup stain, leak or accident that had happened since I last washed it (...eeeh I can't remember when that even was) was showing up making it look disgusting.

So a trip to Wal-Mart and $7 later, I was on my way home with a brand new version of my genius idea.  And this time it was even better!! I picked up a black tray with a beige inside. What's so great about that, you ask? The makeup stains my other one highlighted so obnoxiously, will no longer be so obvious!

Now if something leeks, spills, or falls out I won't have to stare at if for months no matter how much bleach I take to it.

Seven dollars, friends, made me a very happy girl.

Try this little organizational tip in your makeup drawer! I will admit, not all of my makeup fits as tidy as I've lead you to believe (that's about 1/4th of my eyeshadow collection). But once you clean out what you don't use, and put into categories and compartments everything you do, you'll at least be able to find things more quickly then you would rooting around a dirty drawer.

Yay for my genius idea! Ok that's the last time, I promise. You can write and tell me how great my idea was and ways you're using it at thespiffblog@gmail.com ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment