Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Why This Works (Easter Outfit Edition)

Easter is about so much more than the dress you wear.

But it doesn't mean we can't have fun picking something special out!

Between the segment I did on WBIR (you can watch it here) and the one I did Friday on WVLT, I saw more Easter dresses this year than I have in my entire life.

This doesn't mean it made choosing mine any easier. But I did have fun going through the process.

To start the whole thing off was this special necklace.


I showed this necklace a few weeks ago on another segment when I talked about Ann Taylor's spring collection. I have showcased a lot of beautiful things in the studio, but this is the one thing I've loved the most.

This necklace is perfect. From the way it's got the mix of pearls, chains and diamonds, all the way to the gorgeous leather clasp in the back. Like I said, perfection.

What made it even more special is that it was a gift from my sister for being her Maid of Honor. Now with utmost certainty it's going in the Hall of Greats (my closet has a hall...theoretically).

I knew right away, the outfit would be built around the necklace.

What I found next was the skirt (Forever21). I love how the lace pattern plays against your skin at the bottom, and I especially love how the off white makes my skin look less pasty (yay!). Next was the blouse, which I picked up at TJMaxx.

This was a fancier skirt, so the few tops I tried on that were made of cotton got ruled out because the material had to be dressier. I found this pastel mint (look at me buying a pastel!). It's got a sheer panel in the back right across the shoulder blades, and in the front at either shoulder. This type of thing always confuses me.

Why do they have to make these great shirts, and then add these sheer panels so that the bra situation now becomes a complex puzzle?! Thank God for long hair.

But I liked the way the shirt draped, and it really flowed with the aesthetic of the whole outfit.

There you have it! If you're looking for a statement necklace, make sure it flows with what you want your outfit to say. Click here to read what these 5 gorgeous necklaces (all under $20) have to say about you!



No comments:

Post a Comment