Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Best Shade of Fuchsia Lipstick

Over the weekend I got to dress up in a hat and go to a tea party. Something I literally haven't done since this moment...

It's been a while :)

I love getting to wear a hat (as you can tell, I started young). And when styling the one I had for the tea party over the weekend, I knew a pop of color was in order.

Red lips make me feel like a vampire, so I went with this bright pink. Unfortunately, I felt like it was too bright. So over it I added this sample red and it produced the perfect shade of fuchsia!

I will definitely do this combo again, and if you're wanting to re-create it just look for a bright pink (lighter than what you would typically go for) and layer over it a classic red. The trick to getting it right is to blot really really well after you've applied the pink color. If you don't do that you'll end up with goopy lips.

What you're going for is that lighter pink to "stain" your lips, so make sure that's what happens. (Get the top color here, and the bottom color you can find here).

I think 7 year-old-Elizabeth would be pretty jazzed to know she would still be dressing up and going to tea parties at 30 ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment