Thursday, October 17, 2013

This Weeks Nails

It was time I widened my nail polish world.

In a recent Style Setter blog, I wrote about all the great nail polishes you can find around West Town Mall. One of those places was Crabtree & Evelyn.

This past week I used the "Mica" color I bought from there (for only $6, by the way!) and I have to say I'm very impressed!

The color went on smooth and layered nicely with only two coats, and was the exact look of silver metal I was going for. This polish had a big job to do. It was my party polish!

Over the weekend I celebrated my 30th birthday with family and friends (a little early, I don't turn 30 till the 30th, but it makes the birthday last all month!)

This polish was precisely what I had in my head that would add a bit of tough edge to my sparkly outfit. I wanted something that would be dark but not too dark and have a bit of sheen without competing with the sparkles. This Mica was just what I needed.

And just to add a little pop of color, I added the "Don't Know...Beets Me" pink by OPI and gave it it's own edge by doing it matte.

Speaking of edge, how cool is this clutch?! I picked it up on our trip to Myrtle Beach in August. I just love the snakeskin pattern along with the brass knuckles. It's the kind of clutch that would balance out any girly ensemble (and double as self defense...I also found it's good for opening packs of napkins :)

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment