Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lip Perfection? Not Quite.

Burt’s Bees lip balms are conspiring against me.

Can't see it? Yeah. It's hard to on your lips too.
I know this because after I purchase one, I’ll use it for a day then it slips away into the night never to be seen or heard from again (yes, heard).

Why is this?
The only logical reason I can come up with, is Burt’s Bees lip balms are conspiring against me.

I’ve come up with an alternate plan, and that’s to buy actual lip stick. Which I did this past Sunday when I realized the Bees lip balms had won again. I bought one I just read about by Cover Girl.

It claims to be one of those lip stick/gloss hybrids which peaked my interest as I don’t like the look of full on lipstick. I also don’t like to be seen applying an actual lip stick (so many lip stick idiosyncrasies I have, right?). I’d rather be seen applying something as casual as lip balm, but it’s got to visually pack the punch of a lightly colored gloss.

Which is exactly what my BURT’S BEES LIP BALMS DO-WHEVER YOU ARE. Ok. I’m done.

After purchasing this promising Cover Girl “LipPerfection” I thought I had nailed it. It looks like a big pencil and is called a jumbo gloss balm-how could it go wrong?

Well, for one you can take the word “gloss” out of the description because it doesn’t possess any gloss qualities. And for two, it just leaves a shimmer. I don’t want a shimmer I want a glassy-shimmer with a hint of color.

Oh and I want it to be in an applicator that doesn’t make me look high maintenance. Is that so much to ask?

I guess I'll have to keep looking...

No comments:

Post a Comment