Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I Lilac it, I Lilac it a lot.

Pastels and I, we're not good friends.
If I were to pass a pastel in the hallway, I would nod politely but that's it.

They're just not in my coloring.

I am, however, currently breaking the code of our relationship by loving this lilac nail color.

It's a nice light shade that gives all my dark/jewel tone/bright colors a bit of a reprieve.

I say this every time I paint a purple on my nails, but it bears repeating because it's so true. Purple is the perfect color because it's out of the box enough to read, "I don't take myself too seriously", but is not so far out of the box that I look juvenile at work.

The color name is, "Do you lilac it?" and it's by OPI (which you knew the moment you read that clever name). This time I took away some depth and painted over it Essie's Matte About You Mattifier (which OPI has their own version now-finally!).

I absolutely adore how a mattifier makes a color look so different and brighter yet quieter at the same time. It's really a great purchase for livening up your current polish collection.

So that's #thisweeksnails for ya! Have a happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment