Monday, June 3, 2013

Brow Wow

Recently I got the chance to get a makeover at a makeup counter I've never considered before.

I don't know why they've never crossed my path, but somehow me and Merle Norman have never officially met.

You can read my full account of what I thought about the makeup and the service here on the Style Setter blog (how's that for a tease!?).

Here's one little trick I learned from my makeover...

I'm familiar with the whole technique of highlighting certain spots on your face to draw attention and glow to the right areas. Carmindy is all about this and you can hear more on that by downloading her app! (It's just called "Carmindy")

But I've never before heard about highlighting this spot...

The makeup artist at Merle Norman told me to highlight right about the brow arch. That's right above it. What this does is hide any stray hairs you may have missed when plucking, and makes your brows seem more pronounced.

Because remember, the brows are the frame to your face, so it's very important that you pay attention to them and keep them looking nice. The great thing about highlighting tricks is if you've found you missed a spot-you can quickly cover it up with some highlighting!

Just another thing to have up your cutie little sleeve :)

No comments:

Post a Comment