Thursday, February 28, 2013

Great Nails and a Good Nights Rest

I see only one problem with this nail art craze.

And I've said this before, but I stand by it. Having so many new techniques to try is equally daunting as it is exciting. Every week it's a wide open question of, "what can I try next!?"

For me at least, it kind of zapped the fun out of the ten fingers being all one color thing...until this week.

The past two Saturday nights have been spent making sure the technique I was trying was working out right. And both Saturday nights turned into late nights because the colors I started out using weren't quite right. It was time to return to the "boring" one color nails and get some sleep.

I went with a tried and true favorite for my monochromatic look this week-"Dutch-ya Just Love OPI!" Yes, yes I do.

I greatly love this purply color because it's conservative enough to not make me look like I'm trying to relive my teenage years, but funky enough to show my personality. Which all purples are, in my opinion, the perfect melding of both young and old...I mean...more seasoned me :)

This one has a nice little shimmer to it that's not loud but just right, and it's dark which is exactly the color family I was craving.

Ah, rest on a Saturday night AND great looking nails? I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment