Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Taking the "War" Out of Wardrobe

It's Tuesday and at 10:30 this morning I was already hitting up Forever21.

Why? Because I've realized that I need to spruce up the summer wardrobe. So far, every time I've gotten dressed to go outside it's been a fight, a war between me and the closet.

In order to win this battle I've got to arm myself with plenty of tops that I can grab and mix with my other summer staples.
 To do this, I'm going to think back to what I wore last summer...what did I grab the most often? What shirt shape played well with the other things in my closet?

If I can come up with those things then what I'll do is I'll go out and look for that same shape in different colors and patterns. That way I can reach for the same thing I love but never show it because I've got it in so many different colors.

Even with maxi dresses...I long to live in those throughout the summer, but without a way to keep them looking fresh, I'm going to look boring. So I've decided to embrace the whole "short shirt" trend and throw them on over my long gray (potentially boring) maxi dress. This gives me diversity in color, and shapes, and plenty of ways to wear what I love over and over.

Don't be discouraged! You may have lost the first week of warm weather battle, but we can still win the WARdrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment