Friday, May 18, 2012

Comfort-Able

When you travel you leave a lot of the comforts of home behind.

One of which, for me, is having to dig through a suitcase full of stuff when in my house it’s all laid out exactly where I want it.

Thanks to my planner-head husband, I’ve learned that laying out your stuff in drawers makes all the difference in the world.

Now I realize this means a high risk of leaving something behind. But that can be avoided by simply doing several thorough checks before you leave the room. And the reward of not having a rumpled pile of clothes to dig through every time you get dressed, far outweighs the double check (which you should do anyway).

Hang up your dresses, organize your shorts in a drawer…whatever it takes to make the changing part of your day more convenient.

I remember never EVER being able to find anything I needed when I needed it, until I started unpacking when I got there. After that, (miraculously!) my dresses weren’t wrinkled, my jewelry was neat and easy to get a hold of, rainbows started shooting out of my arm pits, it was great traveling!

Now, having written all of this week I’ve realized I have a lot more to say when it comes to tips on traveling so for the time being (or really till I run out of ideas) I’m going to post travel spiff once a week! Yay for summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment