Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Hepburn Effect

I always knew Audrey Hepburn was pretty, and would even nod in agreement with fashion experts when they would call her a style icon but this morning I became a believer.

A Saturday with this kind of weather calls for a classic movie, my pick today was Charade. It starts Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant and a really young Walter Mathau.

In the opening scene Hepburn is eating in the Alps with a hat on that completely covers her hair and ears, a hat that would make most people  anyone with a face look ridiculous.  Not Audrey. She still looks stunning.

Part of the charm of this movie for me is getting to see what she's wearing, a leopard hat one scene (that made me go "Ah!" outloud by the way), classy gloves in another.  She's just gorgeous.

One thing I'm taking away from this movie and her fashion genius is the huge impact small earrings can make.  Every scene she's had the tiniest, most delicate adornments on her ears and yet they add the most elegant sparkle.

If it gets me one step closer to having her kind of elegance and grace, I may never leave the house with naked ears again.

No comments:

Post a Comment