Thursday, December 26, 2013

One of the Best This Weeks Nails

Choosing just one favorite nail color from the year would be impossible. If you've ever read one of my "this weeks nails" posts, you'll quickly see I pick a new favorite nail color of the year...every week.

I do, however, truly love both these colors, the picture, and how I wrote this post so it's definitely one of my favorites!


I'm only going to admit this once, so pay attention.

There was a time when I didn't know what Tiffany blue was. Oddly enough the boy I was dating knew exactly what color it was, but I hadn't a clue!
How I could call myself a woman at that time, is beyond me. And if right now you're thinking, "Oh gosh, I don't know what it is either!" No judgment here, my friends. Don't say anything and in a second when you see my nails, just say out loud, "Boy I'm tired of that old Tiffany blue" and everyone will think you're so glamorous :)

Seriously though, I believe it was 2006 that the boy I was dating at the time gave me a clue as to what my Christmas present was going to be and the clue was, "It comes in something blue." That Christmas I got both my first piece of Tiffany jewelry and an education in the finer things in life-I'm eternally grateful for both.

My nails this week remind me of that time. It's Maybelline Color Show's "Green with Envy" with an accent nail of OPI's "Designer De Better". Both go in my top 10 of favorite nail colors from this past year and have provided a bright happy nail pallet this week. It was nice to change out of something dark for a little while.

I decided to add another dimension (or rather take one away) by putting Essie's Mattifier over the blue. Some colors are perfect both shiny and flat and this is one of those colors. I like to do this every once in a while because it switches things up and breathes new life into old looks.

It's nice to look down at my nails, smile at the color and think of the boy that gave me that necklace and eventually those two diamond rings on that accented finger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment