Wednesday, October 30, 2013

3 Thoughts on 30

It's October 30th - I'm 30!


Now that I'm officially on the other side of my 20's I wanted to write down three thoughts.
Not advice, because I know not everyone who reads this is in their 20's. Not regrets either because there's no time for that, just thoughts.

I gave myself the option for only 3 because I know writer-me could go on for pages...

1. Every stage of life is fun
I despise the notion of being afraid to get older. It's ridiculous because it happens to everyone, and it's something you can't help. It's like being afraid the sun will rise tomorrow.

Worrying about your age or getting in fear over it does what...make you younger? No. It does nothing. In fact it probably adds more lines to your face, so quit that.

I plan to make every age I hit look as good as I possibly can by being happy, confident and leaning not to my own understanding.

2. Reveling in who I get to be
I love getting to be the person God created me to be. That's not to say I love everything about myself as their are flaws and things I need to work on. But there are moments when I'm driving down the road listening to music and thinking about my day, where I just hit a high of true appreciation for how I was created and all the things I get to do and be as "Elizabeth."

These moments aren't mine alone, they're available for you too. And I'm certain they're God inspired. He loves the person He made each one of us to be, why wouldn't He want us to love us too!?

3. Trust God
It's easy to type those two words, and even easier to tell someone else to do it. But when it comes to me in my own life, it's something I want to get better at.

I always ask myself why don't I trust Him for everything? He can see all, He knows everything, and He loves us with a greater love than we can even wrap our little brains around.

Why do I worry for even a split second when I know all of that about God? He has great plans for us - plans that include prosperity, life, joy and peace. Leaning on that knowledge and what the word says is where I want to find myself in the next decade of my life.

I read this passage of scripture the other day and I do believe it's a good one for anyone of any age and at any stage in life...

“Blessed are those who trust in the Lord
    and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.
They are like trees planted along a riverbank,
    with roots that reach deep into the water.
Such trees are not bothered by the heat
    or worried by long months of drought.
Their leaves stay green,
    and they never stop producing fruit."
-Jeremiah 17:7-8


Turning 30 on the 30th! I know the best is yet to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment