Friday, August 23, 2013

Get Inspired: FASHION

Anyone watch Psych? One of my favorite episodes this past season was when Sean gave Juliet a shirt that just says, "FASHION!". It's really awkward looking, and hilarious (making me want one).

I thought of that shirt when I sat down to write this blog. I got to attend a fashion show last week (pictures and recap below) as well as attend a J. Crew style session last night. They both got me amped up for fall clothes and fashion in general (really, it was like throwing gasoline on a fire that's already out of control). But I like to keep that shirt in mind because to me it kind of sums up not taking fashion or yourself too seriously.

Putting looks together is supposed to be fun, but I understand sometimes it can be frustrating. That's why you read things like The Spiff (EVERYDAY)

And pull inspiration from every place you can get it. That's also why I wanted to tell you about both of these events, so that maybe you can get inspired for fall and start putting looks together that are going to make you happy.

If the new collection from J. Crew doesn't make you happy, then you're going to need more than a cheesy fashion shirt to smile. These new pieces are gor-geous! And much like J. Crew, they are just the right mix of playful and classic (a lot like me *wink).



Do stop by and take a look for yourself. Even stop in and talk to their stylists Sandra and Anna to get pumped full of great ways to mix and match this autumn. They are more than happy to help you get inspired!!



And finally, check out the recap of the Back to School fashion show from this past Saturday on my latest Style Setter blog.

http://stylesetter.simon.com/blog/the-spiff-at-west-town-mall/back-to-school-fashion-show



So much to do, I know. But it's all in the name of...FASHION!



No comments:

Post a Comment