Thursday, June 13, 2013

How to Look Like a Rock Star With a Day Job

For as long as I can remember, I've been obsessed with men's undershirts (of the white, V-neck variety).

I don't know what it is about them that has me transfixed. Maybe because they remind me of something a rock star would throw on the morning after a concert. They seem to translate that "cool without trying" look.

Because of this, I've been trying to incorporate them into outfits for years, and recently I found another way to work one in.

I've discovered it's the perfect shirt to pair with a loud print. This leopard, for example, had been stuck in my head as something that could only go with black.  A black shirt meant dark jeans and that whole ensemble seemed appropriate only for night time.

But by pairing the leopard with a white shirt, I could pair it with black pants, throw on a necklace and have the perfect summer office outfit (especially for those of us whose offices kick into 45 degrees around 11:00am). Plus the white really makes this print pop!

I could remove the leopard sweater if I wanted to when going outside, and still be left with a perfectly cool outfit for errands after work (lunch stains prevented that, but theoretically it works).

What's great is because the shirt fits loosely I can get away with not wearing an undershirt (under the undershirt-ha!). That's always nice because who wants to wear three layers when it's almost 90 outside?

Plus, I'm sure everyone I passed that day mistook me for a famous musician because of my uber-cool vibe, which is always an added bonus. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment