Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Shake Shake Shake, Shake Your Routine

Routines are nice, aren't they?
I have a friend who just got back to the country from a missions trip and the thing he missed most was his routine.

There's just something so comforting about being inside of one, but the funny thing is we never value them until they're shaken up. I guess we don't notice a good routine until we loose it.

I'm mixing up a small routine shake on The Spiff today. I'm talking about nails, *gasp* and it isn't Thursday.

I thought it might be time for a shake up here on The Spiff. That plus the fact that by Thursday whatever I've done to my nails the weekend before was starting to degrade and I was sucking at taking a picture before then.

What I've done to my nails this week is probably the simplest thing I've done in a little while, but it's still pretty cool. I've tested out OPI's "Liquid Sand" in the color, "Can't Let Go" (meh name, I know).

It's a pretty awesome concept though. The polish dries a mixture of matte and shiny sparkles giving this gritty/sparkley texture which looks pretty cool. It dries fast too, so if you're in a hurry and you need something cool in a pinch, this stuff would do the trick.

I will admit, this one time I'm looking at the glass half empy in the fact that I can't get out of my mind how difficult this will probably be to remove. I need to flush that out and just enjoy the look, though because I do like it a lot. I love the purple color especially. If you don't, it comes in three other colors (Ooo that dark one would be cool).

Such an easy look when you're tired of nail art but still want to do something funky.

So you're welcome for that, AND you're welcome for making you realize today how much you love your routine. I know, I know, you get ever so much more than beauty ideas on here. Well, that's what we're here for-to spiff you up in more ways than one ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment