Thursday, December 27, 2012

Deck the Nails

Merry two days after Christmaaaaas!
I hope your holidays were nothing but good times with family food and fun :)

It's hard to get back into the swing of things, so thank God for one more thing to celebrate...new years! For now, just sit back in your pile of gifts and wrapping paper mounds and read about my Christmas nails!

Big events like holidays pose a problem in my head when it comes to my nails. I don't know where the pressure comes from because it's really no different than any other week. I mean really the same amount or people see my fingers on a regular week as they do at a holiday so what's the big deal all of a sudden?!

I don't think I'll ever get past that but we'll see.

For Christmas, I wanted to incorporate red, glitter, and my very favorite OPI from the Muppet Collection and since I only have so many nails, I decided to do all three!!

What I started with is Sephora's OPI "I'm with Brad". I did a full solid color of that over my whole nail on all nails. Then I waited a long, LOOOONG time till the polish was perfectly dry and I took paper hole protectors...as seen here...and placed them on each nail at the position that I wanted the glittery red to show.

Then I painted that Essie glitter polish over the tip of my nail. I let that dry (which took no time at all) and I got that OPI "Designer De Better" and free handed a swipe across the tip of my nail, much like a French tip.

What I ended up with is the perfect combination of my every holiday nail desire. I think it turned out pretty great! I finished off the whole thing with a clear polish just to lock it all in.

But I will definitely do this technique again, and probably with different shades of the same color-I think that would look pretty 2013!

Well Merry Post-Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment